Frequently Asked Questions

Have questions for The Law Offices of Clark A. Mitchell?



First, if you are injured, you should seek medical attention by calling 911. Your second step should be to call law enforcement, making sure they prepare a police report. If you are able, you should take pictures of the accident, write down the names of any potential witness(s) and exchange insurance information with the other driver or drivers. DO NOT make any statements to any insurance company. Finally, you should call our office for a free consultation and we will walk you through the next steps.
Yes. Under Pennsylvania’s Motor Vehicle Responsibility Law there are two options with regard to your injuries. The full tort option allows you to be compensated for an injury no matter what, even if the injury is not that serious. If you carry the limited tort option on your car insurance, you may not be able to recover unless you are seriously injured. However, there are exceptions to this rule. Call our office and we will see if one of the exceptions applies to your case.
Just like with a car accident you should seek medical treatment if you’re injured. You should also notify the police and animal control. Under Pennsylvania law, dog owners have a duty to make sure their dog(s) is/are leashed at all times. If you suspect a dog owner’s violation of this law has led to you being bit causing you injury, call our office for a free consultation.
With all personal injury cases, including auto accidents, our fee is based on a percentage of what we recover. This is called a contingence fee. Basically, we don’t get paid if you don’t get paid. It's that simple. If you're hurt and have concerns about affording an attorney, call us and we will walk you through the process.
First, you need to seek medical care if the injury is severe, and then you must notify your employer of the injury. Second, under the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act, you will be required to treat with a company medical provider/ doctor, if your employer has provided you with a list of 5 providers/doctors for the first ninety (90) days after the injury.
Yes. Pennsylvania’s Works’ Compensation Act requires NOTICE and you must notify your employer within 120 days after the date of injury.
Under Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act, an injured worker must be treated by the company's medical provider/doctor for the first ninety (90) days after the injury, SO LONG AS the company has provided you with a list of 5 treatment providers/doctors.
Not necessarily, but having a will makes the management of your estate far easier than not having one. If you have questions about making a will, call our office and we will answer any questions you may have.
There first thing you need to do is determine if your loved one has a will. A will typically lays out who the loved one has designated to manage the Estate. That person is called the Executor or Executrix. The process becomes more complicated if your loved one dies without a will. Contact our office and we will go over all the steps of administrating the Estate of your loved one.
This depends on whether or not your loved one died with or without a will. If your loved one died with a will, the executor or executrix has to be sworn in at the Register of Wills office in the County where the decedent, your loved one, passed away. The process is more complicated if your loved one died without a will. However, we have over 50 years of experience with estate administration and will be at the ready to answer any questions you may have about this process.
The documents are instruments that allow you, the principal, to designate another individual known as the agent(s) to make either financial or healthcare decisions on your behalf if you are unable to make them for yourself. These documents are only valid if you are alive. These are different from a will in that the will is only applicable when you pass away.


For more information about our services or areas of practice, or to schedule a consultation, please contact us at 724-229-9500.